Joey McKenna is an American amateur wrestler who first made waves in the sport as a representative of the Blair Academy (2011-2014). Later, McKenna would earn NCAA All-American status and podium placements with both the Stanford University and the Ohio State Buckeyes. After a revered career as a collegiate wrestler, Joey McKenna joined another historic American wrestling institution - the Pennsylvania Regional Training Center (PRTC) where he became a resident athlete.
Joey McKenna Wrestling
- 1st Place Prep Nationals (2011, 2012, 2013)
- 1st Place Beast of the East (2012, 2014)
- 2nd Place Beast of the East (2011)
NCAA D1 All-American (2016, 2017, 2018, 2019)
- 1st Place Big Ten Championship (2018, 2019)
- 1st Place Pac-12 Championship (2016, 2017)
- 2nd Place NCAA D1 Championship (2019)
- 3rd Place NCAA D1 Championship (2016)
US Cadet World Team member (2012)
- 2nd Place Fargo Championships (2012, 2013)
- 2nd Place US Junior World Championship (2014)
- 1st Place Fargo Championship (2010, 2011, 2013)
- 141 lbs / 163.9 kg
- Blair Academy
- Stanford University (College)
- Ohio State University (College)
Joey McKenna Biography
Joey McKenna was born in Towaco, New Jersey, USA, to parents, James and Natalie McKenna.
It is unclear at what age Joey began his wrestling career, but it was at the famous Blair Academy that he first made his sporting potential noticed to a wider audience. A time when he became a three-time National Prep champion.
From the Blair Academy, McKenna went on to represent the Stanford University where he earned an honorable third place at the NCAA tournament as a freshman as well as two Pac-12 titles. Following his sophomore season, Joey transferred to the venerable Ohio State University team where he would earn All-American honors another two times, placing third in 2018 and finishing as a runner-up in 2019 - a highly controversial final loss to Cornell's Yianni Diakomihalis, contested in McKenna's favor by many of the elite figures in the sport.
After a prosperous career as a collegiate wrestler at OSU, and graduated in Operations Management from The Ohio State University Fisher School of Business, Joey McKenna opted to join the Pennsylvania Regional Training Center in 2019, where he pursued his post-collegiate wrestling career as a resident athlete with the PRTC.
Joey McKenna Inside Tie Offense